Thursday, January 17, 2008

My first broken bone

I thought I would scare everyone with this title. Caroline is fine, I fractured a bone in my elbow on Saturday. I am officially a klutz, but lets blame it one my equilibrium being off since I had Caroline. I slipped and fell in the house and caught myself with my left arm. Caroline was not even in the room when I did this so don't worry. I went to the doctor on Saturday and they took x-rays and said they did not think it was broken, but they were going to have the radiologist look at the films later. They called me back Monday night to tell me that I had a radial head fracture, whatever that is. I went to the orthopedic clinic Tuesday and the doctor decided not to give me a cast because he wants me to move my elbow as much as possible within his limits of lifting 10 lbs. He also gave me some exercises to do and I am quite religious about doing them. I am relieved that I do not have a cast, but at the same time I was looking forward to having a "battle scar." At least I don't have to deal with a smelly cast and having to keep it dry when I am in the shower.

No comments: