Sunday, August 26, 2007

Week 5 (Aug 20th-26th)

This week had a lot of firsts in Caroline's life.

Jake left for the first time since Caroline was born. He left very early Monday morning for New York City for the US Open. He will be gone for 3 weeks and we will miss him a ton. I am sending him a picture every day of Caroline so he can see how she is growing.

Tuesday Caroline and I went to lunch with the Scoop Group, which is a group of women who work for lobbyists. We met them at Harry's downtown and we had a great time. I needed to get out and socialize so it was fun and it was really good food. I had the chocolate bread pudding for desert and it was wonderful!

Some people may not know that I play volleyball on a city team every fall. This year my team decided not to play because we did not have enough people and could not recruit anyone to play with us in time. My friend Kinsley and I joined up with another team for this year. We had practice Thursday and it was Caroline's first time in a gym and first time watching volleyball. It was late and Caroline did not love being there, but there was a really nice woman who works at the gym who picked her up and walked her around.

Wednesday was Caroline's 1st trip to Maclay. We took Debbie lunch and visited all of my old teachers. Caroline was so good and we had fun. We may even go back this week too!
I have some friends who own a photography company and they came to take pictures of Caroline on Friday. We had a good time playing dress up with her and putting her in fun positions. The pictures are wonderful and if you want to go look at them click on this website http://share.shutterfly.com/action/pictures?a=67b0de21b356ab842526&sid=0BYuWbJw5YsWST
If you love these pictures and want to hire my friends here is their blog www.volajphotography.blogspot.com and their website address www.volajphotography.com.
Jake's grandmother came over to Tallahassee on Friday to spend some time with Caroline and I. We had a good time visiting with her most of the day and then met Pete and Brenda for dinner at old town. Grandma was a big help because she stayed up with me until I got Caroline down for the night. I think that was 11:30! I hope Grandma can come back again soon.

Caroline attended her first bid day on Sunday. I am the Zeta Tau Alpha New Member advisor for the FSU chapter and I went to check out the new girls. It was a hot day, but we had fun. She wore a little strawberry outfit so she fit right in with the Zetas. All of the girls loved her and want me to bring her back to the house more often. Hopefully Caroline will want to be a Zeta when she grows up.

No comments: