Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Easter at the beach

Easter weekend we went to the beach to visit Kate and Ed. When I was younger, my family would always go to our beach house for Easter. It was nice to have my own family start that tradition as well (hint, hint Kate and Ed).
We dyed eggs Saturday night.
We found out that vinegar works better than water.

The Easter Bunny went a little overboard this year!


Along with starting the beach tradition with Caroline and Jake, I borrowed a tradition from my best friends family. Paulan's family (or Easter bunny, I cannot remember) puts money in the plastic eggs in their Easter baskets. Caroline received $5 total this year. Paulan's eggs are much more exciting than Caroline's because Paulan gets more than $5. Caroline would open the eggs and say "money!" We also "pocked" eggs (not sure I spelled that correctly). I cannot explain this FUN game, but Paulan's family does this too.



The traditions continue with hunting eggs outside on the beach.



Caroline hunting eggs. See the video below to see her in action.


Caroline's version of naming people in this picture would be: Kak Kak, Daa Dee pronounced Da-Dee, Na Nine (what she calls herself), and Eddie.


Caroline is thinking "Don't even think about touching my eggs."


Cheese! This outfit was my sisters when she was little. It is not the cutest, but it is the most special! Another thing to mention is that my mother painted her Easter basket.


How cute!

Happy Easter!


Caroline hunting eggs and saying happy Easter.

No comments: