Monday, November 26, 2007

Thanksgiving

Thursday was Thanksgiving and we were busy all day.

First, I had to make cornbread stuffing to take to dinner. Jake went to the store earlier in the week and I gave him a list of everything I need to cook. Of course I forgot to tell him to get more eggs and milk. So, That morning he had to go to Albertson's (because that was the only store open) and get me what I needed.

We went to my aunt Flo's house and ate lunch with my dad's side of the family. We had some yummy food including macaroni and cheese and our family's famous recipe of lima beans. We also had 3 types of turkey (fresh, smoked and fried), greens, dressing, and my favorite banana pudding. Caroline had some cheese from the macaroni and some of the banana pudding, but just a taste of each. As lunch was winding down I found the "bop-it" toy/game and started to play. I made Jake and my cousin's Heath and JJ join in the fun.


Next we went to Pete and Brenda's house to have dinner. Jake's Grandmother, his cousins Amber and Brandon, and his Uncle Philip came into town to celebrate with us. They invited my mothers side of the family over for dinner and that included: Do, my mom, my aunt Debbie, cousins Cody and Travis, and Travis' girlfriend Allie. We had 14 people including Caroline at the table. We enjoyed food like Brenda's wonderful mashed potato's, pistachio fluff (aka: green stuff), ham, turkey, my grandmothers recipe of cornbread dressing, sweet potato's with marshmallows on top, pumpkin dip, and a ton more. At this meal Caroline tried mashed potato's and we think she enjoyed them. After dinner we settled into the living room and sang Karaoke and played jeopardy.


Later in the evening Jake, Caroline and I listened to Pete play beautiful songs on his violin.

No comments: